In 2008, 6 million Americans didn’t vote because they missed a registration deadline or didn’t know how to register. In 2012, the goal is to make sure no one is left out.
On September 25, 2012, PATHS will join volunteers, civic groups, and organizations from all over the country to help support National Voter Registration Day. This single day of coordinated field, technology and media efforts will create pervasive awareness of voter registration opportunities, allowing us to reach tens of thousands of voters – or more – who otherwise would not vote during the upcoming election.
PATHS is coordinating volunteers at all four locations to help people complete the Virginia voter registration process on September 25 from 8:30AM – 4:00PM. These events will be held at:
- PATHS Community Medical Center – Danville
(705 Main Street, Danville, VA 24541)
- PATHS Community Medical Center – Martinsville
(287 Commonwealth Blvd, Martinsville, VA 24112)
- PATHS Community Medical Center – Chatham
(4 South Main Street, Chatham, VA 24531)
- PATHS Community Medical Center – Boydton
(969 Madison St, Boydton, VA 23917)
To volunteer to help at one of these sites, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. It’s your money. The elected officials you vote for will decide how much of our country’s wealth to invest in public services and how to fairly share the tax burden.
9. It’s your children’s education. Decisions by our legislators, members of Congress and President affect public schools… and the quality and cost of higher education as well.
8. It’s your job. Elected officials influence what job training is available, minimum wage, pay equity, fairness in hiring, health insurance through your employer, job and pension security, and workforce safety.
7. It’s your highways. Those we elect decide what highways are needed, what alternatives to highways (such as public transit) to support, and how to pay the bill.
6. It’s your Social Security. The President and your members of Congress decide how much payroll tax you pay, cost of living increases and benefit schedules for your Social Security pension, and what Medicare services you receive and share payment for.
5. You live in Virginia. Your city or county, state and nationally elected officials set standards, enforcement strategies and budgets. They plan and zone where roads and industries will be built and how public lands will be used – decisions that can determine how and where you live and work.
4. It’s your neighborhood. The elected officials and judges you vote to retain make daily decisions about crime prevention, laws and law enforcement, safe and affordable homes, traffic patterns, where to put schools, parks and recreation.
3. It’s your healthcare. Actions by the Governor, legislature and Congress – as well as their decisions on Medicaid, Medicare and private insurance laws – determine your access to health care.
2. They’re our children. We do our best to keep them healthy, fed, safe, educated and cared for. The officials you elect set policies that affect all Virginia families in pursuing their goals and dreams.
1. It’s your constitutional republic. Make it work. Register and vote.
PATHS is a health care leader in Southside Virginia and provides comprehensive primary care, dental care, pharmacy services and case management services at four locations serving a geographic area spanning more than 3,000 square miles.